Job Category: Technical Service and IT
Location: Hyderabad, IN
Job ID: 850789-122910
This Job is eligible for the following work arrangements :Flex Time
MS IT Manageability Engineer
Microsoft has been transforming into a devices and services company from a software organization. The Network and Infrastructure Services team as an underpinning service provider plays a key role in forming and executing the vision. Moreover, MSIT is deploying the latest and best technologies in its IT environment. Manageability becomes a key ingredient to its success.
This position is for a Manageability Engineer to support worldwide MSIT network tools Sustained Engineering and Operations within Network and Infrastructure Services, India in the User Experience IT organization.
This person must have basic networking skills along with good understanding of the above tool platforms. This individual will be part of a team responsible for escalations in tool infrastructure incidents, network trend analysis, process improvement, release documentation, training resources on tools operations and providing proactive network remediation using the tools and techniques available. The role also includes support for manageability standards and problem management. This role requires collaboration with manageability architecture and engineering teams across the company to deliver new hardware, services and technologies.
The person must have ability to automate /script (PERL, PowerShell, Power view, C & C++), Integrate manageability platforms and have development experience with Microsoft SQL. Candidates with greater soft skills and technical skills would be in key consideration for the position as the position has potential to grow into a technical leadership role and the candidate will play a key role in the formation of long term strategies and vision for manageability framework for improving network services for Microsoft.
The individual in this role will be responsible for supporting MSIT’s manageability infrastructure, with a focus on the supporting MSIT core infrastructure which includes supporting an environment that comprises of Network Tools such as EMC Smarts, HP Network Automation, EMC Watch4Net, NetApp OnCommand Insight (OCI), Site Scope, and Aruba Airwave Management Platform.
Core deliverables: Manageability Sustained engineering and Operations
1. Build (deploy, configure) Network Management tool platforms per standards
2. Integrate management tools and provide end to end manageability and business intelligence.
3. Manage and provide 24×7 support (incident management) to manageability platforms.
4. Proactive/reactive problem management support to reduce incidents.
5. Release management support in deploying & integrating new technologies, new tools and processes.
6. Develop scripts for collection of Network and Storage availability & performance data.
7. Generate business intelligence required for Architecture/Engineering/Sustained Engineering/Operations team for remediation and service improvement.
8. Participate in evaluation of systems, network tools and recommend standards
9. Coordinate with Vendors/external Service providers in Break -fix.
10. Collaborate with Service Delivery organization in improving service availability and better user experience.
A degree in engineering/Science and a minimum of 7 years demonstrated and relevant work experience in the industry.
Minimum 4 years direct experience with manageability platforms and automation
Strong technical knowledge of enterprise networking solutions for very large enterprises
Ability to troubleshoot complex network issues in enterprise environments
Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols including SNMP, Net flow, RMON, IPSEC, HTTP, and HTTPS
Excellent verbal communications and presentation skills
Ability to provide mentorship to technical Implementation and Operations teams
Strong lineup of Industry Certifications Preferred