Job Category: Software Engineering: Program Management
Location: Hyderabad, IN
Job ID: 849819-123288
Division: Applications and Services Engineering
Since Bing launched in June of 2009, the search world has changed for the better! We’re helping people break free from search overload and enabling them to make decisions with Bing’s powerful and friendly search engine. We’re attracting new users and changing how people think about Microsoft and Search. Since launch, Bing has made steady progress – today, Bing serves about 30% of the search queries in the United States and is growing all over the world! Search Technology Center – India (STC-I) is one of Bing’s few global R&D centers that is focused on building Core Search technologies. This team is responsible for data analysis, defining new features, experimentation, design and development. Team works broadly on 3 areas:
• Improving Relevance for surfacing the best “ten blue links”
• Enabling Local Search to find businesses and services near a location
• Powering segment-specific experiences
Some of the key areas of work include training and delivery of machine learning models for various purposes, extracting insights from data analysis, extracting insights from web documents, figuring out relevance based on geo-spatial information, and building complex distributed systems for diagnostics and monitoring. Your work has potential to impact millions of users, billions of queries – you can literally see your work translate into results in your day to day life!
If you want to work on web scale systems, big data analysis, machine learning, information retrieval, computational linguistics, search algorithms, creating great user experiences and online experimentation, Bing is the place to be! Bing’s engineers and researchers are among the best in the world in many of the above areas, and are constantly pushing the state of the art. Bing team operates with a hungry, start-up mentality: Plan, Execute, Observe, Revise, Do it again- but, faster.
We are looking for passionate, driven engineers with excellent analytical, technical and great collaboration skills who can work alongside top-notch engineers and data scientists throughout the world to push state-of-the-art in search engine technology. This team is located in the fast growing hi-tech city of Hyderabad, India, with a work culture is open, fast-paced, technically challenging, experimentation-driven and great fun!
Requirements for the role –
• Track record of excellence in designing & delivering software that has wow’ed the user
• 4+ years of experience in software development lifecycle (planning, design to execution & release), preferably on a web-based product
• Good an envisioning, creative, analytical and critical thinking abilities
• Ability to collaborate effectively with partners across time zones
• Ability to write crisp functional specs and document original thinking
• Bachelor’s/Masters in Computer Science and/or MBA preferred
• Experience in statistical analysis, search, information retrieval, data mining, and machine learning will be a plus